Car accidents are terrifying! Once you've survived a frightening experience like a car crash, it can seem like all your nerves are standing on end. Gathering your thoughts and deciding your next steps can be challenging. Our law firm can help! We've helped many clients fight for compensation after car accidents, and we can help you, too.
5 Steps to Follow After a Car Accident
- CALL 911: Call 911 immediately. Tell them your exact location, report any injuries, and request medical assistance if necessary. A police report will provide proof of the accident and details of the accident scene. The police can be valuable witnesses to your injury at the scene. Finally, give your version of what happened to the police.
- GATHER INFORMATION: If possible, get the name, addresses, and phone numbers of all drivers and witnesses. Independent witnesses are crucial if there is any dispute of liability. Ask for the insurance information and policy numbers for all drivers involved in the accident. Take pictures of the scene, including damage to all vehicles involved in the accident. If you cannot take photographs, contact our office immediately so our legal team can rush to the scene of any serious accident and preserve and document valuable evidence before it is lost.
- SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION: If you’ve been involved in a car accident, motorcycle accident, or trucking accident, seek immediate medical attention. Legally, an emergency room cannot refuse to treat you because you don’t have health insurance or the money to pay. Going to the hospital is a no-brainer if you’ve suffered severe injuries. When the injuries from a car accident aren’t apparent, you may be wondering whether or not going to the hospital is even necessary. However, do not substitute your opinion for that of an experienced medical professional. An examination from a professional may reveal an injury that is not obvious to you. Don’t sacrifice your health by worrying about who will pay for it. Any delay in seeking immediate medical attention is bad for your health and will also be used against you by the insurance company. Even if you didn’t go to the hospital, you must receive medical care as soon as possible. Even if you do not have insurance coverage or other means to pay for medical attention, Brian Hargrove Law can help. We work with experienced medical providers who treat victims after accidents, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and trucking accidents.
- HIRE AN EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER: Contact an experienced car accident lawyer immediately. Insurance companies have experienced adjusters and lawyers to protect their interests. Do you think the insurance adjuster is looking out for your best interests or the company that pays him? Brian Hargrove has over 20 years of experience representing Texas personal injury victims and their families. If you’ve been injured in an accident, including a car accident, motorcycle accident, boating accident, or trucking accident, contact Brian Hargrove Law today for your free consultation.
- CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY: Most auto insurance companies require their policyholders to report an accident promptly. The insurance company will want to gather basic information and get your statement about the accident. If you or your passengers were injured in the accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer before you go any further. However, keep in mind that failure to provide information to your insurance company on a timely basis, according to the terms of your policy, could result in loss of coverage for the accident without constituting bad faith by the insured.
Why Clients Trust Brian Hargrove Law
Brian Hargrove Law provides no-nonsense, straightforward legal services which have earned our firm the respect of insurance adjusters, clients, and colleagues. Insurance companies know when working with Attorney Hargrove he will not settle a car accident case for less than full compensation. You deserve a car accident lawyer willing to advocate for you! Call (817) 200-7666 today to schedule a consultation.