Lyft Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth
Fighting for the Rights of Rideshare Accident Victims
Have you been seriously injured in an accident with a Lyft vehicle? When a Lyft customer is a passenger in a vehicle operated by one of their drivers and is injured, either Lyft and/or the driver of the car may be held liable for the victim’s accident-related expenses if they require medical care. However, Lyft and other major rideshare companies have successfully lobbied to largely avoid liability, so they will only offer insurance coverage in certain situations. Otherwise, you may be able to file a claim against the individual driver who was at fault for the crash.
At Brian Hargrove Law, we believe that when someone has been injured at no fault of their own, they deserve to be compensated for their injuries and other losses. Our Lyft accident lawyers in Fort Worth can help you determine which parties are liable for your injuries and help you file the paperwork required to hold them accountable. We can also represent you in trial should your case make it to court. In short, our team will do whatever it takes to secure the full compensation you rightfully deserve.
Common Causes of Lyft Accidents
Like any kind of motor vehicle crash, Lyft accidents can occur in a variety of ways and for myriad reasons. In most cases, rideshare accidents are the result of negligence on the part of one or more drivers.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents that can be attributed to negligence include:
- Running red lights and/or stop signs
- Illegal lane changes or turns
- Defective or faulty car parts (such as tires or brakes)
- Distracted driving, including daydreaming and texting while driving
- Driving over the legal speed limit (speeding)
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Reckless and/or aggressive driving behaviors
- Failure to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic
- Unsafe road design or conditions
This list is not exhaustive. There are many other factors that can contribute to a car collision, many of them the direct or indirect result of negligence. If you were injured in a serious accident or your loved one was killed as a result of the careless or reckless actions of another person, contact our firm right away to learn more about your legal rights and options.
What to Do After a Lyft Accident?
If you have been injured while riding as a passenger in a Lyft vehicle, or if you were struck by a vehicle operated by a driver working for Lyft, do the following as soon as possible:
- Seek medical attention. Call 911 if necessary - otherwise, head to the emergency room. This will ensure not only your safety but also that you have the medical evidence required to make a viable claim against Lyft or the driver.
- Collect evidence at the crash scene. Take pictures, collect contact information of all drivers involved and nearby witnesses, and file a police report. This will help to establish fault and prove your case.
- Inform Lyft of the accident. You can report accidents directly to the company by filling out their online accident report form here.
- Contact a local Lyft accident attorney for advice. Even if you end up not hiring an attorney or taking legal action, an experienced lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options during a free consultation.
Why Choose Brian Hargrove Law?
Unlike many other law firms, here at Brian Hargrove Law, we provide our clients with personalized, one-on-one representation. When you hire our legal team, you will work directly with an attorney throughout the duration of your case. We are available every day of the week to answer your questions and address your concerns. We understand that every situation is unique, which is why we don’t offer a one-size-fits-all solution—instead, we work with you to find creative legal solutions that are tailored to your goals.
Our Lyft accident injury lawyers in Fort Worth are prepared to provide you with the compassionate counsel and aggressive advocacy you need. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients, and we provide all of our services on a contingency fee basis—there is no upfront cost for you and if we do not recover compensation for you, you do not pay.