Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Fighting for the Legal Rights of Injured Bikers & Their Families
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury while riding a motorcycle, you will need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Motorcycle accident injury victims may be entitled to damages from the at-fault party; however, insurance companies are known for using common stigmas against bikers to blame the motorcyclist for crashes involving another vehicle.
For over two decades, Fort Worth motorcycle accident lawyer Brian Hargrove has been fighting for the rights of Texas motorcycle accident victims. The critical first step to receiving full compensation is a consultation with an experienced motorcycle accident injury trial attorney who understands motorcycle safety and laws. Brian Hargrove has a successful history of collecting full compensation that covers all his clients’ accident-related losses, so don’t wait to contact him today.
Why Are Motorcycle Accidents Involving Injuries Increasing in Texas?
The number of motorcycles on the road in Texas has more doubled in the past 10 years or so, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
As traffic continues to increase in Fort Worth, so do the number of motorcycle accident injuries. In 2019, there were 1,810 “suspected serious injuries” and 410 deaths, according to statistics kept by the Texas Department of Transportation.
Why Choose to Brian Hargrove Law for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
As the number of motorcycle accident injuries has increased, so has the number of motorcycle lawyers attempting to pass themselves off as fellow bikers. More often than not, these lawyers have never even been on a bike.
Brian Hargrove doesn’t just represent motorcycle riders—he is a rider himself. Brian is proud to represent his fellow bikers when they need legal help the most. In fact, in 2010, Brian Hargrove was in a motorcycle wreck. Therefore, he knows firsthand the serious nature and types of injuries involved in such cases.
Insurance companies are in business to make money, not pay claims. Their only goal is to protect their profits by limiting your compensation. Motorcycle accident victims need an experienced lawyer to protect their interests. Brian Hargrove has over 20 years of experience fighting for the best interests of Texas motorcycle accident victims and is prepared to fight for you.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover?
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. There are three types of damages that you may be entitled to recover after a motorcycle accident: economic, non-economic, and punitive. We aggressively seek full compensation for all of the unique damages related to your specific case.
Economic damages are expenses that can be easily proven with bills and receipts. These damages may include:
- Past and future medical expenses (medication, surgery, physical therapy, etc.)
- Lost wages (or loss of earning capacity)
- Property damage costs
- Additional future expenses such as prescription medication and ongoing care
Non-economic damages are those that affect your quality of life. These damages are harder to prove—even though, for many motorcycle crash victims, these damages are far worse than the financial ones.
Non-economic damages may include compensation for:
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
Punitive damages are an additional type of compensation. Punitive damages are designed to punish the responsible party. For example, punitive damages may be allowed against a drunk driver. However, keep in mind that punitive damages are only awarded in cases that involve very gross negligence and/or extreme harm.
What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Fort Worth?
If you are in a motorcycle crash, do the following as soon as possible:
- Call 911: Call 911 immediately after the accident and request medical assistance. Insist the police come to the scene and investigate the accident. A police officer’s crash report will provide valuable evidence, witnesses, and help prove fault.
- Get immediate medical attention: The most important thing you can do after an accident is to take care of your health. Do not delay being evaluated by medical professionals even if you feel “ok.” The “adrenaline rush” from the accident can mask pain and the severity of the injuries. Any delay in seeking medical attention is bad for your health. Also, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will use any delay in treatment against you.
- Collect information: Collect as much information as possible from the accident. Take pictures of the wreck scene, damage to the motorcycle and other property, and any visible injuries. Also, collect insurance and contact information from any motorists involved.
- Contact an experienced motorcycle accident injury lawyer in your area: Contact Brian Hargrove immediately after the motorcycle accident so we can begin our investigation. We will look into your accident in great detail to gather all the necessary evidence while you focus on your recovery. Once you contact our office, we will begin building your case for full compensation right away. Evidence must be preserved, so we will immediately begin collecting police reports, witness statements, medical records, photographs, and more.
- Do NOT talk with an insurance adjuster: Insurance companies are in business to make money, not paying claims. After an accident, adjusters are usually quick to call and ask for a recorded statement. They may even tell you “it’s to help you out.” Adjusters aren’t interested in the truth, however—they only want information to use against you. Remember, the less the insurance adjuster pays you, the more money the insurance company makes. Sadly, their interest is more often in their bottom lines, not in helping you.
We understand getting medical treatment following a motorcycle accident can be very difficult. Brian Hargrove can help you get the medical care you need without paying anything out-of-pocket—even if you do not have health insurance coverage or other means to pay for medical attention. Many medical providers are willing to take a “letter of protection.” These letters allow our clients to get the medical treatment they need without paying out of pocket. Once we accept your case, we can provide a letter of protection on your behalf.
Don’t forget that there is no time to waste in contacting an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. The other driver’s insurance company will immediately begin working to deny your claim. Therefore, DO NOT give a recorded statement to any insurance company no matter what they say to convince you. The insurance adjuster is NOT your friend. Let us handle your claim on your behalf instead so you can dedicate your energy to your recovery.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire Brian Hargrove?
You don’t have to worry about if you’re going to be able to afford an experienced motorcycle accident trial lawyer. We take our motorcycle accident cases on a “contingency fee basis,” which means you don’t pay anything until we win! We take all the initial financial risks so you can focus on your health.
Why Do You Need a Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Motorcycle accident injury victims will rarely receive full compensation without an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Many people that don’t ride motorcycles have biases against motorcycles and riders. Insurance companies use this prejudice against injured bikers to wrongfully deny claims. For instance, the at-fault party’s insurance may blame the motorcyclist for such things as speeding or driving recklessly in an attempt to pay out less money than you deserve.
Motorcycle accident victims who are represented by a lawyer receive three times more compensation than those without a lawyer, according to the Insurance Research Council. Insurance companies are in business to make money not pay claims. An insurance adjuster may even tell you that you don’t need a lawyer. Unfortunately, the insurance adjuster is not always looking out for your best interests. The insurance company for the negligent driver may blame the motorcyclist for the wreck. Brian Hargrove is experienced at overcoming any biases and stereotypes to help bikers the full compensation they deserve.